In Bali, you can hire your driver-guide-photographer to take you to iconic attractions and stunning spots for portraits and snapshots of you and your travel companion. For a modest day trip fee, Wayan at BaliTransport.com will take some memorable photos of your tryst across the Island of the Gods and give you the photos for free at the end of the tour and photo safari. This is certainly easier than asking random strangers to take photos of you and yours with your camera, that may or may not be in focus.
Of course, if you carry a smartphone with a good lens and have long arms, you generally can get some interesting selfies to stow in your online album or instantly post on Facebook.
Our editor, The Rainbow Rambler, has compiled a list of places for gay travelers to grab poses that will make their friends back home green with envy.
Best Bali Selfie Spots for LGBT Visitors
1. Mt. Agung in the background (the highest volcano on the island)
2. Tanah Lot Temple at low tide (The most visited temple in Bali)
3. Mt. Batur Hot Springs for a refreshing hot dip in a caldera
4. Hard Rock Cafe with appropriate t-shirt
5. Bali Joe, the famous/infamous gay bar with excellent drag shows and hot go-go dancers.
6. Ku de Ta, the fabulous, very gay friendly bar for picturesque sunset snaps on Seminyak beach.
7. Potato Head Beach Club where you rent a cabana, dip in the pool and the beach at sunset, and eat, drink and be merry.
8. Rock Bar Bali @ Ayana Resort. 360 degrees of sheer glamor on the rocks, but mind the stairs back up the cliff.
9. Double Six – Seek the section with rainbow umbrellas and flags for sunset sessions daily.
10. Batu Belig – where the boys are (on sun loungers) and girls too (in the beach warung with a cool one). There’s gay-owned accommodation just steps from this beach for guys, and gay-welcoming rooms for lesbians just down the lane.
Bonus spot. That Rainbow Place in Bali: Balinea Villa & Spa