The City By The Bay, San Francisco, has long been recognized as America’s Gay Mecca and the Castro district is the heart of the LGBT community. The Castro is constantly pulsing with energy acting as a meeting place for all things diverse, and of course the Castro is, “the” spot for leisure time San Francisco gay activities and events. Not to mention Castro Street Fair and the annual San Francisco Pride celebration festivities happen here each year.
The gay-friendly Argonaut Hotel in San Francisco, is a luxury boutique Kimpton Hotel in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf. Located in San Francisco’s most popular destination, this historic waterfront hotel—named for the Gold Rushers who sought their fortune here—offers guests an inviting atmosphere, personal services and amenities, plus the experience of a luxury San Francisco boutique hotel close to the Castro community.
Explorers throughout history have set sail for the vibrant, bustling port city of San Francisco. Today’s adventurers looking to experience the essence of San Francisco and its rich maritime history check into the Argonaut Hotel at Fisherman’s Wharf.
In a unique partnership with the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, the Argonaut Hotel makes its home in the historic Haslett Warehouse at The Cannery. This boutique hotel overlooks San Francisco Bay and this national park, including its fleet of historic ships. Many of the 252 spacious guestrooms feature unobstructed breathtaking views of Fisherman’s Wharf, the San Francisco Bay, and the city skyline.
Some of the guestrooms include original exposed brick walls, large timbers or warehouse steel doors, all original to this historic 1907 San Francisco building. Rich design details celebrate the nautical history of the city’s waterfront. Plantation shutters, captain’s style desk chairs, and other features including original brick walls, wood beams, red accents and light sea water blues throughout to create sophisticated, luxurious San Francisco lodging.
In addition to the spacious guestrooms, the Argonaut Hotel features expansive 900 square foot suites. These suites include a separate parlour and bedroom, spa tubs and brass telescopes, offering grace and style worthy of the captain’s quarters.
- Complimentary wireless (WiFi) and high speed Internet access in all guestrooms with Kimpton InTouch membership
- Coffeemakers with complimentary Starbucks coffee
- Sony WEGA flat screen TVs
- Sony Stereos and CD/DVD players
- Television Internet access (WebTV), on-demand movies and Super Nintendo on all televisions
- Workstation with desk and chair
- “Mind. Body. Spa.” features in-room spa services, the Yoga channel on every TV and complimentary yoga accessories to use during your stay
- Bigelow Luxury bath amenities
- Blue Ray DVD Players
- “Forgot It? We’ve Got It!” essential travel items
- Gourmet treats in fully-stocked in-room honor bars
- Private voicemail
- Portable two-line telephones with data ports
- Safety deposit boxes (designed to hold laptop computers)
- Complimentary weekday newspaper on every floor
- Amenities of home including iron and ironing board, hairdryer, terrycloth bathrobes
- King Suites are furnished with spa tubs and separate glass-enclosed showers
- Express checkout on TV
- Bring your pet with you – they are a pet-friendly hotel
- Check in: 3:00 PM
- Check Out Time: 12:00 PM
- Personalized room preferences and welcome amenities for Kimpton InTouch guest reward members
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces with Kimpton InTouch membership
- Hosted daily evening wine hour in our living room
- Business center services available: copier, fax machine, data ports and working space
- Newly Updated Guestroom Accommodations
- Room service available
- Fitness center on the second floor includes cardio and strength equipment
- Valet/laundry service
- Valet Parking with in and out privileges – $46.00+ Tax Per Day (additional Surcharge of $15.00 Plus Tax may apply for over-sized Vehicles)
- Pacific Heights Limousine
- Fully accessible for people with disabilities; complies with ADA requirements; 13 ADA rooms
- Starbucks adjacent to the hotel on the corner of Hyde and Beach Streets
- Six ‘Tall Rooms’ designed with extra long beds and raised shower heads
Argonaut Hotel’s complimentary on-site fitness center helps you keep up with the adventures of your every day. From rigorous cardio and strength training to yoga and stretching, this hotel features the modern equipment you need to stay fit on the road. Located on the second floor, the hotel’s on-site fitness center is accessible to guests 24/7 via their room key card with almost 1,000 square feet of room and state of the art equipment.
The eco-friendly In-Room Spa Services help melt away tension, taking you to a world away from all your worries. No walking. No taxis. No inconveniences.The customized treatment menu incorporates wild-crafted, natural and organic ingredients, all devoted to working in harmony with the environment while nourishing your skin and senses. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage, luxurious body treatment or soothing facial in the privacy of your guestroom.
Argonaut’s In-Room Spa Services:
- Featuring Kerstin Florian® organic and environmentally friendly body and skin care products.
- Massage Treatments
- Body Treatments
- Facial Treatments
Guests at this Fisherman’s Wharf hotel can savor the history and soul of San Francisco. While the Argonaut Hotel’s original 1907 style architecture still embodies elements of the nautical history of San Francisco in its heyday, its plush, stylish décor nestles guests in an accommodating, stimulating environment that is both modern and comforting.
From the stunning waterfront views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island to the richness, comfort and unique nautical decor of each guestroom, the luxury Argonaut Hotel makes for an ideal location to enjoy historic Fisherman’s Wharf, the Castro, and the exceptional gay City by the Bay.