Tourists have always enjoyed Bali’s unspoiled beaches, crystal clear waters, pulse-pounding surf, enchanting temples, amazing rice terraces and unsurpassed scenic beauty – from the mountains to the sea.
The island is small enough that you can explore each of its diverse regions on a short stay. Or over time if you return to the Pearl of Asia.
In contrast, the list of adventures, activities, festivals and must-see places is very big, and most definitely requires a long stay or repeat visits to experience them all. Some will need an “Active-Manic Vacation Planner” whilst others will need “The Chill Out-Mellow Guide to Spas, Retreats, Resorts and Beaches.”
The main regions
- North Bali – Draw is seaside villages on the other side of the volcanos
- South Bali – Tourist meccas of Kuta, Seminyak, Ubud and Sanur , plus Denpasar (the capital)
- East – Dominated by the holu mountain, Gunung Agung and holiest temple, Pura Besakih, and Gianyar
- West – Home of West Bali National Park and Menjangan Island
- Central – Chain of mountains and craters
- Gay Hotels & Tours